Still, the plan leaves several practical questions unanswered:
* Should a business be required to tell the government if it’s been hacked and U.S. interests are at stake?
* Can a person sue her bank or water treatment facility if those companies don’t take reasonable steps to protect her?
* If a private company’s systems are breached, should the government swoop in to stop the attacks – and pick up the tab?
- Obama issues plan to protect US business networks (news.yahoo.com)
- White House revealing Obama’s cybersecurity plan (sfgate.com)
- US cybersecurity plan aimed at keeping China out of America’s networks (foxnews.com)
- Obama Orders Cybersecurity Standards for Infrastructure (bloomberg.com)
- US plan aimed at keeping China out of US networks (modbee.com)