Is this some kind of an Omen? The Black Swan guy, Nassim Taleb and Nouriel “Dr. Doom” Roubini, together in a photo, with a smile stretching from ear to ear. Well, I can certainly understand the smile – they’ve both made a fortune by telling other people that there was going to be a serious financial crisis. Looking at this picture that Mr. Roubini himself uploaded on Twitter recently, make me wonder what those two geniuses are up to this time?
Nassim Taleb, who recently published a second edition of his former bestseller The Black Swan, hasn’t made much money lately following his by betting against almost everyone and everything with his bearish hedge fund – Universa Investments LP.
But Mr. Taleb doubled his fortune in 2008 when the markets took a haircut of more than 50% (October 2007 – March 2009). In 2009 – when the stock market bounced back about 60%, Taleb and his clients lost 4%, according to the wall Street Journal.
The profit of 2010 wasn’t much better, sources says.
However the strategy is still the same, and the goal is to make at threefold profit of every percent the market drop.
And while waiting for that to happen, the professor/trader/author/philosopher is growing olives in Lebanon.
There’s a good chance that he’ll get what he’s asking for…
Meanwhile – let’s just see what happens, okay?
- Investors Should Sue Central Bank of Sweden, Taleb Says
- China To Invest In Nassim Taleb’s Bear Fund
- New Testimony From Taleb
- Nassim Taleb’s Favorite Books
- Roubini: Federal Reserve Out of Ammo
- Roubini: “The Worst Is Yet To Come”
- “Just being alive is an extraordinary piece of good luck.” (or the very best pieces from Nassim Nicholas Taleb) (beinghuman.blogs.fi)
- Nassim Taleb predicts what will break, and what won’t by 2036 (3quarksdaily.com)
- Bernanke doesn’t understand risks of QE2, says Taleb (investmentpostcards.com)
- RUMOR: LTCM Founder Myron Scholes Retired From His Hedge Fund (businessinsider.com)
- Nassim Taleb: Bernanke Is Beyond Unwise; His Actions Are Immoral (businessinsider.com)