Every serious blog is presenting their top lists for 2010 these days, so I better get my lists out there too. Frankly, I’m quite surprised by the response I’ve got. After all this was my first year as a full-time blogger. By summer last year, the econotwist’s blogs – mainly The unique visitors per month. Some articles was also republished by other blogs, or featured on the publishing sites like Scribd. I estimate the top articles of Econotwist’s in 2010 was read by at least 200.000 people. And as usual I managed, completely unintended, to make some people a little bit angry.and The Econotwist’s – reached 20.000
“That article is about as credible as me writing about nuclear technology. Off-balance sheet transactions? SPEs? Interest Rate and Currency Swaps? Has that idiot even looked at an Annual report for BP?”
The quote above was in response to the July 2 post – “So, You Thought BP Was An ?” I haven’t got that much pepper since I described DnB NOR‘s subsidiary in the Baltic region as at “financial lab rat”. Anyway, I see all feedback, good or bad, as extremely valuable. I have not been able to reply to all comments or requests. For that I apologize, and promise I’ll spend more time on your responses in 2011. As for themes I will be focusing on the technological side of the financial markets in addition to my other specialties – the relations between economy and ecology.
And I will have a couple of new prominent contributors joining in, as well as some other surprises…
But right now I want to give my sincere thanks to all of you who’s been cheering me on this year, making my first year as a blogger a definitive success.
To quote one of my favorite artists, (Keith Richards): GOLD RINGS TO YOU ALL !
And here is a summary of the most popular posts and publications by The Econotwist’sin 2010.
- So, You Thought BP Was An OIL Company?
- Mother Earth On Crack
- Volcano Ash Can Send The Earth Into “Deep Freeze”
- The Worlds Most Contagious Countries – Here’s The List
- Cyber Criminals Attack Critical Water, Oil and Gas Systems
- More Mysterious “Monster Fish” Comes To Surface
- The Ultimate Trading Weapon
- Norwegian Day Traders Convicted Of Market Manipulation
- Goldman Sachs: “Damn American Bastards!”
- Flight to Mystery
- The Sun Is Speaking!
- Here’s The REAL Norwegian PIIGS Exposure
- Goldman Sachs: Global Economics Weekly. June 2010.
- Non Performing Loans, Europe June 2010. PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- Letter From Geithner
- SULTANS OF SWAP: BP Potentially More Devastating than Lehman!
- Speech by Mr Ben S Bernanke, Chairman of the Board of Governors of the US Federal Reserve System, at Princeton. 09242010.
- Goldman Sachs: “On The Eve of The Bank StressTests”
- Tudor Investments Letter October 2010
- Saxo Bank. Quarterly Outlook. Q3 2010.
- BP Annual Report and Accounts 2009
- Bank of International Settlement. Quarterly Report. June 2010
- Oslo District Court. Final Verdict In The Case of Market Manipulation by Day Traders. 10122010.
- Fitch. Special Report. “CDS Spreads and Default Risk – Interpreting the Signals”- October 2010.
OTHER SMASHING HITS AND PERSONAL FAVORITES
- WikiLeaks: The Diversion of A Decade?
- Nassim Taleb And The Violation of Reality
- A Hompage For The Homeless
- British MEP To Parliament: “Just Who The Hell Do You Think You Are? You Are Very Dangerous People!”
- Report: Details On China’s Internet Hijacking
- The Precious Irish Bondholders – Here’s The Full List
- The REAL Weapon of Mass Destruction
- Survey: People Spend 49% Of Waking Hours Thinking About What Isn’t Going On
- Even Goldman Sachs Is Confused About Irish Economy
- Hey, You HFT Bashers! Are You Ready For This?
- Jon Stewart’s Crusade To Restore Sanity
- The Fight Against Currency War
- Chart Of The Day: Europe’s Web Of Debt
- “The Father of Fractals” – Benoît Mandelbrot – Dies At 85
- Investors Should Sue Central Bank of Sweden, Taleb Says
- Mandelbrot & Market Behavior: The Fractals of Life
- Coldest Winter In 1000 Years; Start Of New Ice Age?
- Here’s The Official Flash Crash Report; Scapegoat Found
- “Artificial Intelligence” To Be Implemented In HFT
- Barroso: EU Has Survived The Economic Crisis
- Dangerous Economic Misconceptions
- Morgan Stanley: Governments WILL Default
- Greece About To Enter The Death Spiral
- Update: Day Traders Crack The Timber Hill Trading System
- A Report To Make You Go “Hmmm…”
- Helicopter Ben; Cleared For Take Off
- Financial Authorities See No Point In Stress Testing Norwegian Banks
- The EU Stress Test: Working The Media
- Norway’s al-Queda: A Chinese Muslim, Some Baking Soda and Puff! There Goes Privacy…
- The Earth: A Danger Zone
- Norway’s Foreign Minister Makes “Chainsaw Massacre” of G20 Meeting
- Global Economy On Fast Track To Disaster
- Paul Tudor Jones Swings Sword And Use The “F-Word”
- NASA Prepares For Impact – Nasty Space Weather Ahead
- Election Farce Throws Iceland Into Political Chaos
- Goodbye Keynes – Hello Ricardo!
- You Sue Me, I Sue You, Oh Peggy, Peggy Sue
- David Rosenberg: “The Weirdest 20 Minutes Of My Life”
- “The Economics Of War Unfolding Now”
- Living In A Derivative World
- When Will God Destroy Our Money?
- Are Governments Producing Conspiracy Theories?
- In The Bright Minds Of IMF
- Where Exactly Is “Money Heaven”?
- Norway: Police To Investigate “Monster Fish”
- Why Should EU Bail Out Greece?
- How To Make A Rat Look Like A Puppy
BEST PHOTO COMMENTS
MOST VIEWED iROCK VIDEOS
#1. “Nobody Lnpws The Bubbles I’ve Seen” (By Versusplus.com)
#2. “It’s Beginning To Look A Lot More RiskLess” (By Versusplus.com)
No matter what happens in 2011 – don’t forget to have some fun!
All The Best