Willis North America, a subsidiary of insurance broker Willis Group Holding, has started a distressed assets practice to advise clients on how they can manage the risks associated with distressed, foreclosed or abandoned properties.
“Major areas of focus include property, liability and environmental insurance.”
National Mortgage News Online
The Group of distressed assets will bring together resources from Willis’ real estate and hotel, construction, environmental, executive risks, financial services and mergers and acquisitions practices, and its loan protector unit, according to Structured Finance News.
The new unit will be headed by Brian Ruane, national real estate and hotel practice leader, who founded the Willis Holding Group in 2005.
The distressed assets practice seeks to coordinate capabilities from across the Willis’ practice areas to structure insurance programs that respond to a range of risk management and insurance issues related to distressed assets.
Major areas of focus include property, liability and environmental insurance; forced-placed coverage; insurance for real estate-owned assets; professional liability insurance and construction insurance for incomplete projects.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Willis Re Opens New Office in Toronto (eon.businesswire.com)
- aba Warns About Public Liability Insurance (prweb.com)
- Statement of Willis Group Holdings Regarding the Amended and Restated Agreement between Willis and the Attorney General of the State of New York and the Superintendent of Insurance of the State of New York (eon.businesswire.com)
- Willis to Roll Out Internet-Driven Campaign at RIMS to Increase Education and Combat Apathy Regarding Broker Compensation (eon.businesswire.com)
- Willis CEO Joe Plumeri Reiterates Company Stance on Contingent Commissions (eon.businesswire.com)
- Vulture investors buy up distressed mortgages (sfgate.com)
- Buying, selling & determining value (slideshare.net)
- Ten RE/MAX On Track Realtors Earn Certified Distressed Property Expert Designations (prweb.com)
- Really? Massive pipeline of distressed properties (lansner.freedomblogging.com)
- Fraudulent Home Flipping (wallstreetpit.com)
- Willis Puts Clients Before Contingents in a New Internet-Based Campaign to Combat Apathy and Increase Education About the Controversial and Conflict-prone Payments (eon.businesswire.com)