PressTV reports Monday that the explosives and the shooting at the compound of the Iraq Central Bank in Baghdad killed at least 15 people and injured more than 40 others.
Bank workers comprised most of the casualties, said one defense official.
It is yet to unclear whether the assailants had meant to empty the vault, destroy the building or target the employees.
Late last month, 15 people died during a deadly rampage of a series of jewelry shops in the southwest of the Iraqi capital.
Related articles by Zemanta
- 15 killed as armed gang attacks Iraq’s Central Bank (telegraph.co.uk)
- Bombs near Iraq’s central bank kills 15 (msnbc.msn.com)
- 15 dead as gunmen storm Iraq’s central bank (thestar.com)
- Violence at Iraq Central Bank Kills 15 (nytimes.com)
- 15 Killed as Al-Qaeda Gunmen Storm Iraq Central Bank (Update2) (businessweek.com)
- Central Bank Targeted In Baghdad Bombings (news.sky.com)